WINE INDUSTRY SYMPOSIUM
31 OCT-1 NOV, MON & TUE
Learn to navigate the dynamic future of the wine industry in this two-day presentation. Join an illustrious panel of speakers as they discuss key topics like new areas of technology, economic growth, and the impact of climate change on wine, sharing insights and knowledge with business leaders, to help businesses thrive amidst contemporary market trends.
Wine Industry Symposium / Day 1
31 OCT, MON
Welcome Address and Introduction
10:10 AM - 11:59 AM
- Karen MacNeil, Top Wine Professional, Author and Consultant
STATE OF INDUSTRY REPORT
- Augustin Missoffe, MD Asia Pacific for SOPEXA
WINE AS AN INVESTMENT IN ASIA
Gain keen insights from market leaders into the potential value of wine as an asset to grow investments and wealth, whether in wine production, distribution and retail business of this increasingly desirable asset.
- James Miles, Chairman, CEO & Co-Founder, Liv-ex
- Jamie Ritchie, Global Chairman Sotheby’s Wine
- Jeannie Cho Lee MW
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
IMPACT OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON THE GLOBAL WINE INDUSTRY
Hear from respected industry leaders as they discuss how climate change is affecting the major vineyards in France, California and Australia.
- Guillaume Barraud, Director of Winemaking, Gerard Bertrand
- Oz Clarke, leading wine expert and writer
- Thomas Brzostowski, Director of Strategic Development, APAC The Nature Conservancy
ORGANIC AND BIODYNAMIC WINES IN ASIA
Explore the impact of the natural wine movement, its impact in Asian markets and what the word on your wine label really means.
- Doug Frost MW, MS
- Prue Henschke, Head of Henschke
- Stephen Wong MW
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM